So Glad You Stopped By...

Welcome, ladies! I hope you enjoy my blog - and keep checking for more tips, ideas, reviews, and much, much, more!

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Thanksgiving Tips!

Okay, who doesn't love Thanksgiving and all the delicious food it brings? I mean, besides all the calories and bloating, of course. Bummer.
But don't worry, girls! Thanks to Seventeen magazine, I know all the tips to keep in shape tomorrow, without missing my fave goodies.
Skip the candied sweet potatoes and go with mashed potatoes and gravy, just a small scoop with a bit of butter.
Skip the turkey drumstick with skin and choose the white meat turkey (given!)
Skip the biscuit with butter, no matter how tempting, and pick the stuffing, especially if it's made with whole wheat and cooked outside of the turkey (to avoid the grease.) For dessert, ditch the pecan pie and enjoy a nice slice of pumpkin pie instead. It has less calories but is still definitely satisfying!

Bored Over the Weekend? If you're feeling restless and have nothing to do, try out Pumpkin S'mores. Make regular s'mores with the leftover pumpkin filling - yum!
Hit the movies - the Descendants, My Week With Marilyn, and the Muppets are all out!

Read one of my Book Recommendations! :)

NOTE: I am not affilaited with Seventeen in any way. I was not paid for this. These tips were taken from Seventeen magazine, issue November 2011.

Source: Seventeen Magazine

No comments:

Post a Comment