So Glad You Stopped By...

Welcome, ladies! I hope you enjoy my blog - and keep checking for more tips, ideas, reviews, and much, much, more!

Saturday, November 5, 2011

Holiday Woes

It's almost that time again... HOLIDAY SHOPPING!
Now, as you probably now, I love shopping as much as the next gal, but I sort of dread getting gifts for everyone. Yes, I know that sounds bad, but hear me out. I adore finding the perfect gift and seeing my friend's happy expressions, but when I have to hand over the cash, I sort of groan, and the cashier looks at me weird. Anyway, the reason is because I spend so much money. I already totaled up how much I'll be spending on gifts this year, and it came out to $100. Yep, that's right. And I thought I was saving money when I was planning out gifts! 
For anyone else who is facing this dilemma, there's no need to fear, S is here! And we're going to somehow purchase the best holiday gifts without breaking the bank. 
For the glamour lovers in your life, some good websites/brands to check out are: 
Elf - it's seriously cheap yet has great products and a wide variety! For instance, the Glossy Gloss is only $3 and comes in tons of shades! 
Bath and Body Works - grab the hand santizers, which are usually 5 for 5, or the 3 for 10 minis. Then head to your local dollarstore and get some cute baskets and make nice arrangements (if you don't say anything, they might even think that you bought it!) Plus, they have spa treatments and stress relievers, which are great ideas for your mom/dad! 
Lush - okay, so it's not that cheap, but I looked online and found some great gift sets for around $10. Not bad, right? And you can always get one of the lip treatments and then a cute necklace (see below for where to find some!) Lush gift ideas, under $25
You can always hit your local Target or drugstore and grab some nail polish, gloss, and any other relatively cheap makeup to make a cute little bag for your girls. 


For the book lovers, some ideas are: 

  • Look around in the clearance isles of the bookstores. You'll be surprised what you find! 
  • Or go to a thrift/second hand store and see what books they have. Usually they're in decent condition and come at 1/2 the price of the regular price! 
For the fashion lovers: 
  • Check out Forever 21. Most of their stuff is at a decent price, and the jewelry comes inexpensive as well! 
  • Aeropostale is having a lot of sales lately, so go in and stock up on sweatshirts or sweaters for your friends (or yourself, too!) They have jewelry as well. 


More ideas will come along as we get closer to the holidays! 
Other ideas? Comment! 

No comments:

Post a Comment